We are now seeking a Sous Chef to join our team at Finlake Holiday Park in Newton Abbot, Devon.
As a Sous Chef your duties will involve:
- Monitoring the requisition of stocks as required from the Company’s designated suppliers and in line with the Company’s standards and portion control specifications, keeping minimum holding levels.
- Liaise with the Head Chef on stock holding
- To be responsible for all day-to-day ordering, through approved suppliers on agreed days in the absence of the Head Chef
- To ensure that the standards of cooking, presentation and service are implemented to standard operating manuals
- To ensure that catering procedures are implemented
- To direct and maintain hygiene standards to meet Company Food Safety/cook chill requirements
- To liaise with the Head Chef for all requirements of disposable, small kitchen equipment and detergents etc., through correct delegation of authority
- To have strict control and security of stocks, implement Company stock take as and when required, ensure locks are secure, with strict key control
- To make proposals to Head Chef regarding menu planning
- To set, monitor and maintain appropriate opening and closing procedures, including cleaning rotas and food dairy.
- To ensure all Team members are trained to necessary and appropriate standards for their role.
This is a Permanent, full-time role (45hrs / 5 days) to include evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
If you believe that this is the opportunity for you please apply today.